Happy Good Friday !

     Happy isn't quite the word that I would choose to call today, as it is the death of our loving Savior Jesus Christ, but it is good in that he died for our sins today. I often think of the physical agony he endured but  the emotional agony was huge as well. I often think about the night he was praying in the Garden of Gethsemane and that agony he endured in knowing all that he knew would come to pass.
 38 Then He said to them, l "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me." 39He went a little farther and fell on His face, and m prayed, saying, n "O My Father, if it is possible, o let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, pnot as I will, but as You will." Matt 26:38-39
This agony proves to me that not only was he one with the father but he was human as well, the God-man was saying I really don't want to do this, do I have to?
I think about us today and how we say that often and often more than not, we just choose the not, we choose our own way, usually the easier way, or me I often times do a little more than just pray, really God is this it? Is this what you want me to do, why? and often I will gripe and complain and go around Woe is me for a while, then I get it and go on, after agonizing a while (instead of just going with it and trusting in my great God). ...........nevertheless, not as I will but as you will........
   But today is a great day, often called God's day, the day he chose to redeem his people once again and offer  the greatest sin sacrifice "his son" 
27Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers.
 28And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.
 29And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
 30And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.
 31And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.
 32And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross.
 33And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull,
 34They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
 35And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.
 36And sitting down they watched him there;
 37And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
taken from Matt 27
    So today is not only God's day but your day, the day Jesus died for your sin in a horrible emotionally and physically agonizing death because he loves you, he loves you so much that he chose someone dear to him to sacrifice all sin, his son Jesus Christ !!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Towel in this Privileged Life.

The garden of life..

What Matters in the end...