Golden

Every once in a while, you meet these Golden people.
As we grieve the loss of my brother in law from a tragic accident, I must say he was one of these golden people I speak of.

If you ever watched the movie "Outsiders" you hear them recite the poem by Robert Frost

Later in the movie, he tells his friend to stay Golden or stay Gold.  So that line has always stuck with me, some people are just golden, salt of the earth people that you meet.
I always know them when I see them... me being the introvert, shy type person, those Golden people usually accept and love me right from the start, they love everyone and they are real people.  Maybe I am one of those highly sensitive people but I can always spot a Golden person. They touch my soul. They accept me.

Geoffrey was one of those people. Golden. He loved, he was real, he was golden.

I went to look up the clip from the movie but instead I got the clip where Ponyboy read this Robert Frost Poem, another reminder how life is so fleeting.

Nothing Gold Can Stay
Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

As we were riding down the road yesterday, to take Tina back home and try and make her rest, Danny was trying to redirect her from something she was worried about(Danny is good at this) and he said
 "You remember when you and I were riding down this road on our bikes to the store" and she said yeah, and they talked about the wonderful treats they were going after and got her mind on something else, but only to remind her how it seemed like only yesterday that they did that, and how quick life passes us by, how quick all of our lives really are, and it is so true, Nothing Gold can stay.....

We are not promised tomorrow except through Jesus Christ, He gives us life eternal, and we will all meet again if we believe and trust in Him. This life is not the end.
While even that hope often does not lessen the sting of death to the ones left behind. There is hope in trusting in Him even through death. He gives us Peace that surpasses all understanding...

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.(James 4:14)

Geoff, was golden... his memory and memories will be with us, just as he made a golden impression on me,  I am sure he touched others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Towel in this Privileged Life.

The garden of life..

What Matters in the end...