Upon this Rock I will build my Church

I often think of this scripture found in Matt 16:18
And I say also unto thee, that thou are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 
I think of this scripture when I think of the "church" and I am in no way a scholar on all this, you would have to talk more to my husband who is...lol.. nah just kidding.. but I do know what God has revealed to me.
Jesus wanted the "church " built around Peter's faith and ministry and the disciples and what was He(Jesus) teaching them? He was teaching them to love others, to care for others and disciple others.
James 1:26-27
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion in vain.
Pure religion and undefiled before God is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction and to keep himself unspotted from the world
Whew.. I am convicted each time I read this.... and you know why, well you can never do enough, ever.. why because true religion starts in the heart.. it's all a matter of the heart.... It means putting ourselves second and others first, it means striving to live a holy life, it means loving people even though they don't love you back, even though they are mean to you, you love them.
   I have been involved in churches that have a form of Godliness but deny the power thereof, I have been around the Pharisees who think legalism and formalism is God's Church. I have harbored ill feelings in my heart about these people and I am just as wrong as they are for judging them and thinking ill towards them. I have been hurt by those people, I have been neglected by those people, but I have been adopted into God's kingdom and now heir to heaven thanks to Jesus Christ !!
Eph 2:19-22
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
And are built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner Stone;
In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto a holy temple in the Lord:
In whom you are also builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. 
God has given me a forgiving heart, and I thank him for that.
Because you see my carnal man wants to find fought with people, Satan wants me to see them as the enemy, and in doing so crush my witness, because why.... because Jesus wants the opposite he wants us to love people ....all people....not just some that love us back, but all... even the ones who say mean things to you(maybe they are the deacon's wife) even the ones who are in the church,
( like I said this is what God has revealed to me,)..
Because that is what Jesus wants, he wants us to love others, to minister to people even though it's hard, even though it hurts us in return.
Even deeper ... he has shown me that its really a form of humility.
People all people have a carnal side, a fleshy, worldly side that can sometimes hurt us, but we have to Love them all and that is what has been revealed to me.
It's not about religion vs Christ, it's not about the Church vs people, its about LOVE, its always been about love and that is what Jesus taught.
He is still working on me and teaching me how to love and be humble and I am learning alot.
But I can't leave out this,
Hebrews 10:25
not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more as you see the day approaching.  
You can't take some of the Bible and leave out other parts, Jesus came yes to show us how to live, to show us how to love, he didn't say disregard the Bible before me, he expects us to read it, use it and apply it and allow him to show you what he wants for your life, your growth and hopefully we can all help someone else along the way.....

Comments

  1. WOW! I love this, it speaks to my heart. I have felt that the burden of my life is to love people that will never love me back, and I have began to "hate the world". I need prayer that I will yet again fall in love with all people and not hide myself away so as not to get hurt. I feel lost and dejected by the CHURCH people and can not find comfort among them. Thank you so much for sharing! Love you Mary you are a blessing to my life and you touch my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Towel in this Privileged Life.

The garden of life..

What Matters in the end...