That still small voice..

Has the voice of God come to you directly? If it has you cannot mistake the intimate insistence with which the  it has spoken to you in the language you know best, not through your ears but through your circumstance.  
Oswald Chambers

Often have I heard from my Lord and Savior through circumstance. I will often let circumstance get the best of me and there's that still small voice saying"take a deep breath and know that I am God". At that moment I surely feel the weakest in his kingdom. But I pull up my big girl panties and go on, thanking him for all that he reveals to me. 
I used to have a sign in my office at work(when I had my own office) that related to circumstance ... it was something like don't let your circumstance define who you are but let your actions define who you are. 
Right now I am reading the book of Job and everytime I read it I realize my circumstances are not so bad. I am also in awe at the power of God and how his ways are not ours. 

I just finished the scripture in Job 28:27-28 where Job has some realization of his circumstance and it says( Job speaking) Then he saw wisdom and evaluated it. He set it in place and examined it thouroughly.
 And this is what he says to all humanity. The fear of the Lord is true wisdom, to forsake evil is real understanding.
I think so often we are caught up in circumstance that we sometimes let those circumstances define who we are, but that should not be. Job as he contemplated on all things and even complained,  stayed true to what he knew.  Don't lose yourself in circumstances..listen to that still small voice that is speaking to you and follow it, follow your heart and remember God is in control. 
I have read Job before and know that in the end God blesses Job, why because even in his circumstances, he didn't forget God's power, that God was indeed in control, and he never stopped obeying God.
.... Don't ever allow your circumstances to change who you are, the love in your heart or the realization that God is God and he loves you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Towel in this Privileged Life.

The garden of life..

What Matters in the end...