The garden of life..

As I was doing my devotion this morning, lots of things on my mind and as I was writing my prayers I wrote something like this...
As I stumble through the weeds and briers of life dear Lord, please help me see the flowers among all the brush, help me to come out unharmed, unscratched and with the hope only you can give.
I began to think how life is like that. Often coming upon obstacles that knock our feet out from under us and how we must go on and do the best we can. Each day IS NEW and we choose how we re-act to all the briers and weeds that try to smother out the sunshine. Hoping that bud underneath will bloom into the beautiful flower it could be.
   As I began to pray, I thought about my husband and how he is such a blessing to others. How people want to glean from his happiness, his joy and want to be in his presence because of the positive vibes, good counsel and hope that he has. I am thankful for him and what he stands for!! What a light he has, although he has not always been like he is now and I think about the heartache he had to suffer to get to the point he is at now(most by his own decisions and choices, but suffering all the same). Then I think how most people will never know that type of suffering, most will never get to that breaking point, that turning point. That life changing experience when you get to rock bottom and you decided there's no where to go but up,or like that moment like Paul had on the road to Damascus(Acts ch. 9), most of us will never experience a life changing event to make us a better person and is it all just a choice?Is is divine intervention?, maybe, but Again.... WE CHOOSE HOW WE  RE-ACT to the circumstances we are in.
  So as you go through the day, through the week and through life, watch out for the briers and the weeds in the Garden of Life, but keep in mind that although it might not be easy, it may never be easy, but it's oh so beautiful.... the fight, the dance, the work the hope....

 When Satan tries to blind you and bind you and those briers and weeds are taking over your garden, you can also fight, and work and get in there and get all that brush out of there so that the sunshine can reach those seedlings to make beautiful flowers and new growth.


The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: they mercy O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. Psalm 138:8

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Towel in this Privileged Life.

What Matters in the end...