Seeking Wisdom

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as a pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him, Forever in the next. Amen.

    This is the serenity prayer that is often used in alcoholics anonomous meetings and seems to be an effective tool for them. I have always loved this prayer as well. Then a while back my neice was telling me that she wanted a copy to frame and put on her wall.
   The first three lines are of most importance to me, God grant me .........
I just started a new job and school too kinda at the same time and it's been extremely stressful ..oh and from night shift to day shift...so my body is screaming at me as well.
Why I do these things to myself .. I don't know. I prayed about it and here I am. But lately I can't seem to turn my mind off whether it be about school or my new job. I really don't have trouble shaking if off at night, just waking up quite early and thinking details usually about work and the intense situations that I have been in that I wasn't expecting quite as often as I have seen them.
  Then I pray... I have my husband pray and I know that prayer is the key.
 22Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55 :22
  But even more I desire the wisdom that only God can give. We all can get knowledge but wisdom is something far greater and "the wisdom to know the difference" well isnt' that just a mouthful !!!


    Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. Prov 3:13


   I look around and I see all this hurt, and it's easy not to let that get you down. Sometimes I wonder I am truly in the right place, doing the right thing, especially when at times I feel like I am failing my kids but providing for them at the same time. At those times I really seek wisdom and faith. I pray and I come to the resolve that I am trusting this life to God,  and he knows what is best for me and the path for my life and what exactly I am suppose to be doing in this present life and I trust him and go on. It's really easy to second guess my decisions and wonder, "did I really hear from God on this"? and sometimes I have to get on my face and pray, why, because I seek that wisdom that wonderful wisdom that can only come from God's leadership.
      It's easy to make choices because we do have free choice, oh but following HIS WILL, well that only comes from prayer and time spent with him, just listening, meditating and reading. Wisdom and understanding will follow... understanding...well that's a whole other topic, will save that one for another day.
  If any man lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him James 1:5


Blessings to all 

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6822754

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Towel in this Privileged Life.

The garden of life..

What Matters in the end...