Distractions



"14 So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. 15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin.16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most." Hebrews 4:14-16

I was reminded by Satan the other day of some of my faults just like probably a lot of us are often. I often want to be more positive, but am often more of a realist or even negative at times and that is something I strive to replace with good thoughts and positive thoughts. I have studied Norman Vincent Peal's stuff that he writes of positivity. I also often go to the Bible where you can find good stuff too. There is a fine line there.... that point where you accept your faults and try to improve and then those days where you drown in the faults and feel like a bad person and to me that is wrong,  because it leads to self-pity which can be a whole other story and down fall. Or shall a say a trap that most people fall into and it leads to depression, more negativity, anxiety, poor relationships, etc... I could go on and on. 

My devotion this morning was "you live in a world that is rigged to distract you" and I so agree with that. As I read on and then read the scripture I was reminded of the power of my heavenly Father, but more importantly, I was reminded of his love. He knows my weakness, he knows what I face, he knows my tests and all I have to do is come to him with all those problems and give them to him and he takes them, he listens, he comforts, he sends hope, peace, and joy. I am so thankful that I know him. 
You see that negativity that is my carnal man, that is of this world, but I don't serve the world, I serve my Savior who is all powerful, omnipotent, bold, strong, and most of all he loves me ! 
He is interceding for me(Romans 8:34) and that is awesome to know. 

He is interceding for you right now... he wants you to choose him, not this world.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Towel in this Privileged Life.

The garden of life..

What Matters in the end...