Freedom

I can remember as a child I did not understand freedom. I did not understand the price that was paid, wars that were fought, the struggle, the strife, the pain America suffered to be established.
1776 seems like long ago, but once you study a history lesson and learn about other countries, governments and kingdoms that have been formed, 239 years is not very long. I fear with all that is going on in the United States right now, what will happen to us, but I am thankful for the freedom that I have right now. I am thankful for the founding fathers who desired freedom.  Though this country was founded on God and the Bible, we are far from it now and that is what scares me, because what we were founded upon is going away, will the country last? You see in leadership you have to have vision and our founding father's vision is slightly skewed now days, so what will become of America.

Look at the Children of Israel,once the few made it to the promise land, one generation past and they were back to worshiping idols, and had basically turned their back on God as we read in the old testament.

I think of the scripture from Psalm 33:12 " Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" He blessed when people followed him, look at how he blessed this country ! Though our country was founded on religious freedom, it was't any ole religion,  it was the freedom to worship the One True God, our creator and redeemer !!!

Don't be so free that you forget.....

Didn't mean to go into such a doomsday direction but I often think of America on this great holiday and wonder if our Founding Father's are rolling over in their grave when they see America or were they such open minded free thinkers are they happy we are just building and growing and doing well.

Well Regardless, I am very thankful that I live here. I think America is pretty awesome, and though we have our problems, we are the Land of the Free and the home of the Brave. There is such freedom here sometimes it's scary, but we are free. We don't have to endure wars being fought on our home land( with the exception of terrorist attacks). But one of the most beautiful things is you work hard and you can have something, that isn't the case always in other countries. I could go on and on with the benefits or even the negatives, but one thing is for sure...
Let's not forget what started it all....Who started it all, that our Freedom wasn't free, we are free because of the Brave.
 Fly the colors high(speak up when you see someone disrespecting the flag that our forefathers fought for)
 Don't be so free that you forget......

Comments

  1. Very good blog...I never really thought about it as the forefathers might have been free thinkers and be proud we are growing and doing well. That part really opened my eyes to new sights and thoughts. Thank you. I really enjoy and learn from your blogs. God Bless and Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Towel in this Privileged Life.

The garden of life..

What Matters in the end...