Why we don't need a prince charming.....

"There is no such thing as a perfect life but there is perfection in life and it is Jesus Christ"-Danny Lewis
...... And her prince swept her off her feet and they lived happily ever after..... isn't that what we are all looking for, what we weep over in movies and the happily ever after good feelings ....

...there is no perfect life ....but there is perfection in Jesus Christ,  as I contemplate the words that my wise husband shared with me, I see so many different meanings in Christ's perfection. I must say we are so impressionable when we are young and we think that the "perfect Life" is out there and we are just going to miraculously jump into it at some point in our life, our ship will come in and all will be good. Well I am here to tell you that it does not happen that way. Having grown up impoverished but also having had some material things as an adult, I am a witness that happiness does not lie in things, in circumstance, or in our "lot in life". If we constantly look for that, and for happiness through our lot in life, then we will consistently be disappointed. 

I will say that I have learned and witnessed the perfection in Jesus Christ. Yes, I do serve a living God and yes I see his perfections daily. I get to have small glimpses of his perfection on a daily basis. I mean just look at that picture above. That is not some computer generated or photo shopped image, that is beauty and perfection created by my Lord and Savior.  I see him in people and I see him in nature. More importantly, he sees me.... he loves me and his perfection lives within me and who could ever want more than that? You see I deserve death, but because of Jesus Christ, I get to live and I get to live forever!!.... eventually perfected in him.... amazing, right...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Towel in this Privileged Life.

The garden of life..

What Matters in the end...