Being a doormat....



It is one thing to go the lonely way with dignified heroism, but quite another thing that if the line mapped out for you by God means being a doormat under other people's feet. 
...Oswald Chambers
"Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy and rejoice with you all."
Phil 2:17
   This was my devotion this morning of course, there was more, but pretty good stuff I must say. Whenever I read something like that I think back of a time when I was younger, growing up, I was probably teenage and was very easy going and nice. I can remember people telling me that I was just too nice and "don't be a doormat for others" "you have to stand up for yourself"... I can also remember about that time hurts and my heart being a little harder and well we all know how hard it is to grow up and the growing pains that go along with it. 
  It's funny how we are encouraged to do one thing, yet Christ may want us to do something else. How the world says Don't be a doormat for others, but what if that is exactly what he wants us to do? We have become such a dignified, proud nation of people, even more so as times get harder, hearts get harder and the world becomes more worldly.
  So are we to let others run over us all the time? Well I don't think that is what the message is here, I think that if we are serving God and seeking him, that yes, there may be times that it seems we are someones doormat, that humility often plays a part in all service for the Lord, and we are to continually seek him. 
  I could go even on a deeper level and ask what is your humility level and are you willing to be that doormat for others? When you feel like someone is using you or wiping their feet on you and you are at the bottom do you hold your head up and tell them to get back or do you search deeper and wonder if this is what God wants? I often see this in nursing... as I care for my patients... It can be quite a humbling experience. One minute you may be cussed at the next you are to care for their needs and relieve their hurt. How humbling is that? 
   We are to strive to be Christ-Like and if you look at his works... he was humble !!! Talk about Humility just read the whole story about him going to the cross...!! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Towel in this Privileged Life.

The garden of life..

What Matters in the end...